Monday, February 10, 2014
Monday, December 23, 2013
by Josh Bersin
Monday, November 18, 2013
Saturday, November 16, 2013
by Bill Kutik
Saturday, October 12, 2013
HR Executive Magazine
Privacy Impact on HRMS Systems
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Difficulty reading this email, click here to download pdf or go to www.hrmsp.org, Events Section.
Concerned about implementing technology in Human Resources? HRMSP is for you!
Privacy Update and as HRMS Professionals “What are we supposed to do?”
Sherry Liang, Legal Counsel, Information & Privacy Commissioner/Ontario
John Wunderlich, Senior Policy & Information Technology Adviser
Chaired by Ian Turnbull, Author and Editor-in-Chief for the recent book: Privacy In The Workplace - The Employment Perspective.
The privacy and security of personal information is subject to legislation in every jurisdiction, but these laws and regulations differ. This set of legislation is so new that it is a maze that leaves gaps, duplicates focus, and fails to meet organization's needs for clarity of direction.
- What are the laws, regulations regarding the privacy and security of personal data? In Ontario? In Canada?
- What are best practices functionally and technically?
Amongst the questions discussed during this session:
- How do various laws effect my HRMS?
- Impact of ESS and MSS on privacy, specifically what are issues in this area especially around what managers can see/cannot see and how to protect privacy when the manager is away and someone is acting for them.
- I've heard that the Canadian Privacy law - PIPEDA – does not apply to hospitals, colleges, universities or municipal governments. Is that true?
- What specifically have companies in Canada been doing to protect privacy on their HRMS.
- Do former employees still have a right to access their on-line pay advices?
- Do applicants and/or former employees have any rights?
Date: Tuesday, April 24th, 2007, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Registration and breakfast at 8:30 a.m.
Place: Oracle Canada, 110 Matheson Blvd West, Mississauga, Ontario
(Located at Hwy 401and Hurontario (Hwy 10), 1 block north of Matheson, at 100 Milverton)
_ HRMSP Member ____________ $25.00
_ Other Association Member ____________ $75.00 Specify: ___________________________
_ Non-Member ____________ $100.00
_ Full Time Student _____________ $15.00 School: ___________________________
All Cancellations must be made in writing 48 hours inadvance.
Payment Information: GST/PST not applicable
qCheque payable to: HRMS Professionals Association
Please complete and send the registration form to confirm your place by fax at: (905) 841-9370
For more information or to join HRMSP, please contact the National Office at 1-866-878-3899 ext. #1